So I didn’t exactly get the book written. Didn’t get much of anything written lately. To be perfectly honest the novel in 20 days was a bit of a stretch to consider even leaving aside the fact that I had a lot of worldbuilding and outlining still to do for it.
1. I can’t consider the book as a flow without losing detail and emphasis. Scenes are my friends and they take time to think up individually in order to get the most out of them.
2. The process of creating characters is one I need to look at more closely. If I don’t like the character and find them fascinating, then what’s the point? I like everyman (and everywoman) characters who turn out to be amazing, but I like them to be amazing all along too.
3. Sometimes more writing advice is too much advice. It bogs me down the more there is.
4. Details are easier to convey than scale, and more effective too a lot of the time.
5. Talking about writing is fun, but it spoils the actual writing.
There are probably more. I’ll get onto them later.
And I’ll be writing more soon!